Sunday, April 09, 2006

One more good reason to not follow the assignment too literally

I just realized that I forgot to start with the bubble bursting line, but that could only make it potentially more painful. I did enjoy writing "hella" hella times, though. That's right, kids, it is the most annoying word ever.

I hear the voice of my mother on this hella high cliff

I actually hear hella voices, it’s almost as if

My name will be Lonnie for only the next five

Minutes or so, since I’ve been alive

I’ve had hella names and voices that whir in my head

If I could just lick this problem then maybe I could deal

With my relentless quest to have abs of steel

My name is Davey, and I’m hella tired

My MPD always seems to get me fired

Just 50 more sit-ups, then I can go to bed

Time – 7:47

I hate writing poetry


Comments:
But you write it so well . . .
 
I like your rhyme scheme. And just because it's National Poetry month doesn't mean you HAD to write poetry. :) This actually sounds like something that would be a rap song when you read it out loud.
 
Hella... you seem to be fond of that word...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?