Wednesday, August 30, 2006
The first day.......
The first day felt like I had been teleported to a foreign planet. The park with the big trees, where the leaves rustled in the wind and the cotton fell around me. To enjoy my new found peace, I inhaled all the elements into my soul. The grass, flowers, tree sap, tree blossoms, BBQ’d chicken, and the laughter of playing children.
It’s very possible to live one’s life without having tasted the moment. Every thought consumed with the fire of what’s next and tomorrow is hard-pressed for answers. Understanding that peace from Dad is often ushered in by healing and trusting in the One that the bible calls our Daddy- that is an awesome insight. That day I let Daddy’s peace fall on me under the cottonwood trees.
Often I carried my worry like a trophy, which I conveniently labeled as my gift of planning and organization. This mask of being on the ball- was really a pathetic sign that I was performing/working for His love. Living in tomorrow- is like throwing a banana peel in every room of your life and trying not to slip on it: There’s never enough planning, striving, manipulating, strategizing, theorizing, philosophizing, than can be accomplished. I would never want an elephant to crush me, but that’s what I was in essence doing with worry.
Worry grows like a weed, and chokes out the flowers and good things of the garden of life. Worry breeds that out of control feeling that breeds that lava anger. Red-hot anger that melts every element of rational thought and action, is ready to leap. The run-away car slams into anything with it’s fierce fender of destruction.
But like a giraffe, I reach up towards the things of heaven for the good that is up High. I eat from the peace and joy Tree that gives me life. Instead of my gas tank being depleted and constantly running on empty/fumes, I keep it filled with my Dad’s Holy Spirit. Peace is found here. Breathe it in and worry not.

